27 March 2010

my attempt to enter the Progressive Insurance contest

Go to helpflo.com and check the details - and complain for me if you so wish! I've done my part, and they won't listen. They wanted entrants to make a video that explains why the Progressive girl, Flo, needs a helper/mate. And, the best video will then star in an ad with her. Most everybody turned on their webcams and delivered a monologue, basically answering the question straight. And some are funny. However, I thought it might be more fun, and creative, to actually make a "commercial" in a similar vein to the Progressive commercials - a bit cheesy, but still delivering what the contest wants: a reason to give Flo a mate, ending with the "Now That's Progressive" slogan. In this case, I'm basically saying she could use a boyfriend!

The contest folks DENIED my entry - and would not give me a reason, except saying, "read the rules and figure it out yourself." They say you can't use trademarked stuff - but, they allow people to wear what aprons that say "progressive" and they let people use the slogan! so, the liberties i took seem right in line with that. so, check it out and leave a comment, so i can bitch about this to them... thanks!




Progressive Dude: Kenneth Thomas
Progressive Girl Look-Alike: Corey Remington
Camera: Kenneth Thomas, Corey Remington

1 comment:

JP said...

rad rad rad and more rad.